I’m not psyched at all when I hear about electric cars of the future but I was freaking exciting when I’ve heard that there’s a Dutch company called PAL-V (which stands for Personal Air & Land Vehicle) that has designed and already tested the first viable flying car that meets all regulations for both flying and driving which is called PAL-V One.
We’ve been dreaming of flying cars ever since we were little kids and watched our first science fiction movie and finally there’s a company that really wants to turn this into reality. A flying car would be the ultimate vehicle to go wherever and whenever, avoiding traffic jams, busy highways, crossing over lakes, rivers or mountains like an eagle. Then you’ll just land and drive to your final destination.
The PAL-V One combines within one vehicle the freedom and excitement of flying like a bird in the sky with the choice of driving with breathtaking performances on the roads and highways. It looks like a small helicopter but it’s actually an ultra slim and aerodynamic three wheeled car and gyroplane that can take off like any helicopter.
It’s apparently cleared to fly below 4,000 feet so there’s no commercial air traffic interference and it’s equipped with a powerful gasoline engine that could take it to flying and driving speeds of 112 mph. If that’s not truly awesome then I don’t know what is.. The first tests went great and in the next years we might even see this one on the streets. Gotta start raising money.
Source: Brosome
PAL-V has come out with the first flying car
0 comments:
Post a Comment